how it's made: cleanse makeup remover March 12 2019, 1 Comment
Our Cleanse Makeup Remover is truly one-of-a-kind and its creation involves a labor of love. Unique steps using beautiful ingredients results in a gentle yet powerful elixir that smells divine and has many potential uses. Finding a natural makeup remover that is effective, hydrating, but not oily-feeling, can be challenging. We’re happy to have formulated a much-loved option that checks off all of these hard to find characteristics.
We wanted to let you in on how we make our makeup remover, because it’s a special process and shows just how unique it is! It’s also how all of the skin benefits and optimal performance are instilled into the formula.
This is how it’s made:
1. Dried organic calendula, chamomile and rose flowers are steeped in witch hazel for three days. The calming, healing and anti-inflammatory benefits of the flowers gradually increase in concentration in the witch hazel. At the end of the three days, the mixture transforms into a pretty caramel color.
2. The dried flowers are strained from the witch hazel. Organic aloe vera juice and honey are blended in.
3. Avocado oil, calendula infused sunflower oil, rosehip seed oil, jojoba oil, and castor seed oil are mixed together and added to the top of the steeped witch hazel. This is the final product.
The combination of nourishing oils and steeped liquid tones and balances while cleansing and hydrating the skin. We’ve received a ton of positive feedback for this product, and what we love the most is how versatile it can be! Here are a few unexpected ways you can get the most out of your makeup remover:
- Use the Cleanse Makeup Remover as a face cleanser. Using a reusable cotton pad, it can work like a micellar water replacement, and serve as a quick and gentle substitute when you want to skip using water and a cleanser.
- Use as a beautiful full face toner after cleansing. Using a reusable cotton pad, applying this can help combat breakouts, inflammation, and add another layer of hydration under a serum and/or face cream.
- Our makeup remover can be wonderful as a post-waxing treatment. It’s cooling, discourages itchiness and can decrease redness, which can bring relief for mild irritation.
The nightly ritual of using this to remove makeup is something that so many people look forward to. It’s truly a treat and, due to the delicate and versatile nature of the ingredients and formulation, we are always hearing about exciting new uses.
Let us know what you love about Cleanse Makeup Remover and the special ways that you use it. We love hearing your feedback!